Виртуальный тур по Крыму – отдых в Крыму! Путешествуйте по карте Крыма,
посещайте достопримечательности, наслаждайтесь природой Крыма, смотрите
панорамы на 360 градусов. Выбирайте гостиницы и санатории для Вашего
отдыха в Крыму.
Muslim mosque Adji-Bei is located in central part of Dachnoye village and it was constructed in late 18th century. It was used as mosque until 1930s. After it was closed by the soviet authorities, it served as entertainment club, and after the Great Patriotic War it was converted into dormitory.
Adjimushkai quarries are underground quarries located within territory of Kerch. In May, 1942 a part of troops belonging to the Crimean front together with local citizens descended down into the quarries. For five months did they managed to hold their defense against German fascist occupants.
Panticapaeum is a Milesian colony founded in 6th century B.C. on Taurica peninsula near Kerch Strait. This antique city, far ancestor of modern Kerch, had been the capital of Bosporan Kingdom. The city featured a very comfortable harbor and had been a leading trade-center. Today we can observe remains of its defenses, houses, public buildings, and burial vaults.
An outstanding grotto with a centennial history is called nowadays Chaliapin’s Grotto. The Grotto’s name is connected with a visit by the famous singer Feodor Chaliapin. He liked to stay on visits to his friend, a count, and could not but pay attention to the Grotto. It is told that Chaliapin performed concerts in the Grotto.
The Church of St. John the Baptist in Kerch – is outstanding monument of Byzantine architecture. It’s classified as cross-in-square domed temple of Eastern Orthodox architecture. The most similar analogs can be seen in Asian areas of Byzantine Empire and in its capital Constantinople.
The Crypt of Demeter is located within the residential area of Kerch, on a slope of thalweg, which bottom once had been a bed of one of the River Melek-Chesme tributaries. Wall painted stone crypt is a burial vault of Panticapaeum.
Genoese fortress in Feodosiya is a medieval defensive structures built by the Republic of Genoa in the 14th century AD. The fortress was designed to protect town of Kaffa (sometimes spelled as Caffa), the biggest Genoese colony in Crimea. The landmark is located on shores of the Feodosiya Gulf, in southern part of the city. Remnants of the Genoese Fortress are a historical and architectural reserve.
Genoese Fortress is a monument of medieval architecture of world-wide importance. This is the only fully surviving Genoese fortress in Crimea. The fortress was built by the Genoese from 1371 to 1489. It is located on an ancient coral reef, which represents a conical mount located near Sudak Bay in the Black Sea.
House-Museum of Maximilian Voloshin is probably the only one museum in the world which survived through wars and preserved mystery and charm of the Silver Age of Russian poetry in atmosphere of life and creative work of its owner. Inside it, like pearls hidden in a shell, there are numerous relics which all remember history.
Embankment of Kerch can’t boast lush vegetation as in the South Coast of Crimea, but it has its own charm. It was reconstructed before the 2600th anniversary of Kerch, now it is one of the most beautiful streets of the city.
Kerch Fortress (or “Fort Totleben”, named so after its creator Eduard Totleben) is the only one completely surviving fortress in Ukraine. Kerch Fortress is considered to be a classic pattern of military engineering. Totleben created his piece of fortification art in the 19th century.
The Picture Gallery is situated in a building which represents a restored landmark of the early 19th century. This edifice is built in accordance with architectural ensemble of the Great Mithridates Staircase and was ceremonially unveiled on 7 May 1985.
Lutheran Kirche in Sudak is a monument of German culture and architecture on lands of Crimea. The Church was built in 1887 for German colonists, who had settled in Crimea according to invitation by Catherine II. Geographically the Church is located in village of Uyutnoye. But as this village is today almost merged with town of Sudak, Lutheran Kirche can be surely placed among landmarks of Sudak.
Among the many researched Bosporan terraced burial vaults, Melek-Chesmen Mound went into history as the best terraced mound from technical and artistic point of view.
The name of the Mound derived from river Melek-Chesme flowing nearby.
City of Kerch is tightly connected with ancient Bosporan Kingdom. And there is no wonder that the central part of the city features a monument to the Bosporan King Mithridates. The monument was erected relatively not long ago – in 2006.
Old sailing ship in central part of Feodosiya keeps mysteries of outstanding writer – exhibition of the museum is dedicated to life and creative work of Alexander Grin. Museum of Alexander Grin is located in Feodosiya in a house with a quite unusual interior and outer appearance.
Village of Eltigen became famous all over the Soviet Union in November 1943. Valour of Soviet soldiers in Eltigen gave an initial push to commencement of the Crimean Liberation offensive, and the majestic expression “Burning Land” became a symbol of unparallel valour and glory.
Ancient city of Myrmekion is located, like many other Greek colonies, near the sea, at coasts of ancient Cimmerian Bosporus, modern Kerch Strait. In fine weather one can enjoy a good view of Taman peninsula, which, as the Ancient Greeks considered, was another continent – Asia.
“Nymphaion is a temple of the nymphs, a site near Pontus…” (Sch. Aesch. III, 171). 10 miles south from city of Kerch there are still visible ruins of an ancient Nymphaion, located near modern village Eltigen (Geroyevskoye). Its remains occupy a plateau at coast of the Kerch Strait (the Cimmerian Bosporus), to west of which there are mounds and a ground burial vault.
The Temple of the Twelve Apostles is located in village of Uyutnoye near Sudak. It is one of the antiquity landmarks dated back to 13th – 15th centuries. The temple was named after a fresco painting “The Last Supper”. The fate of the temple is complex and interesting.
One of the first Golden Treasuries in Crimea opened for the 7th season running – it is the Golden Treasury of Kerch Reserve. Here visitors can see what jewelry had been worn by fashionable women of the first centuries A.D., what images had been engraved in coins of Panticapaeum and Bosporus. Here one can find out what valuable things had been accumulated by citizens of ancient Bosporus.
The Great Mithridates Staircase is one of the major Kerch highlights favorite both for its citizens and guests. 432 stairs leading from the main Kerch square to the top of the mountain located ashore the Kerch Strait are called the Great Mithridates Staircase.
Some 3 miles away from Kerch there is a masterpiece of ancient architecture. It is the King’s Mound – a burial landmark dated back to 4th century B.C. Researchers assume that Leucon I of the Spartocides dynasty, the King of Bosporan Kingdom, had been buried inside this vault.
Kerch Historical and Cultural Reserve possesses a unique collection of lapidary monuments, which occupies the second place (after the Athens collection) if spoken about its scientific importance and number of relics. The Lapidarium of Kerch is a collection of stone sculptures, gravestones, architecture details and religious items.
Obelisk of Glory in honor of Immortal Heroes is located in central part of Kerch city, in its very heart. It was erected atop the Mount Mithridates to honor the immortal exploit of the Soviet warriors who died during liberation of Crimea.
Almost 7 miles away from Panticapaeum, on the shores of an ancient sea bay, there remains of an ancient Greek city with Barbarian name Tirytake (or Tirystake). But there is one more name, a Greek one – Dia. This name is used as confidential code for findings of 1930s.
Yeni-Kale Fortress is one of the most interesting and beautiful attractive sites of Kerch city. It is located on the most strategically important site – on the narrowest point of Kerch Strait. Yeni-Kale Fortress is a popular attraction for tourist guided tours.