Виртуальный тур по Крыму – отдых в Крыму! Путешествуйте по карте Крыма,
посещайте достопримечательности, наслаждайтесь природой Крыма, смотрите
панорамы на 360 градусов. Выбирайте гостиницы и санатории для Вашего
отдыха в Крыму.
Крым - уникальное место для отдыха и оздоровления, где буквально на каждом шагу ожидает встреча с природными достопримечательностями и ожившей историей.
Полуостров с начала своей истории служил пересечением исторических путей многих цивилизаций и народов. Неудивительно, что здесь многочисленный памятники архитектуры, великолепные дворцовые комплексы, интересные музеи, множество монументов и памятников знаменитым людям.
Достопримечательности Крыма - тема настолько объемная, что раскрыть ее в нескольких абзацах даже очень обзорно не получится. Достопримечательности Крыма - тема для написания книг, тщательных исследований и увлекательных экскурсий. Даже бывалые "ходоки по Крыму", посвятившие этому занятию всю свою жизнь, признаются: до конца Крым так и не знают.
Начните свое собственное путешествие по достопримечательностям Крыма!
35th Coastal Turret Battery is one of the most fortified and most armed defense coastal fortifications of the Black Sea outpost. The need for construction of such fortified batteries was obvious right after analyzing siege of Port-Arthur (1904) which took place during the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905.
Adjimushkai quarries are underground quarries located within territory of Kerch. In May, 1942 a part of troops belonging to the Crimean front together with local citizens descended down into the quarries. For five months did they managed to hold their defense against German fascist occupants.
Park of Afghan Veterans is the former Lenin’s Komsomol park. The park was given a new name on 15 February 1999. The park features the Monument to those who died in Afghanistan. There are 19 cypresses planted in the Alley of Memory to commemorate the 19th anniversary of withdrawal of the Soviet troops from Afghanistan.
Cable Car Road “Miskhor – Ai-Petri” is one of the attractive sights one should not miss while visiting Crimea. The breath-taking ascend to the height of more than 3200 ft. above the wonderful scenery is a really charming sight.
Some moments ago you were near the sea, and 15 minutes later you are atop of Ai-Petri Plateau.
Panticapaeum is a Milesian colony founded in 6th century B.C. on Taurica peninsula near Kerch Strait. This antique city, far ancestor of modern Kerch, had been the capital of Bosporan Kingdom. The city featured a very comfortable harbor and had been a leading trade-center. Today we can observe remains of its defenses, houses, public buildings, and burial vaults.
Armenian Church in Yalta slightly resembles an ancient Rhipsime temple (7th -12th cc.) in Etchmiadzin. A temple, built within 1909-1914 by architect Gabriel Ter-Mikaelyan under sketches of a famous painter Varges Surenyants, stands on a steep mountain slope. The central entrance of the Church is smartly designed.
Armenian church is a beautiful religious building that is now considered a monument of architecture. It was constructed in 1885 by the Armenian community of Eupatoria. The church of Saint Nicholas (Surb-Nikogaios in Armenian) is built as a basilica with semicircular apse in the eastern wall. The main difference of this church from other religious buildings is its mixture of architectural styles.
Shores of Artillery Bay became a place of active construction right since the foundation of Sevastopol. Artillery Bay is located in central part of the city and it derived its name due to artillery magazines and cannon shot stores which appeared on its shores during that time.
The Assumption Cave Monastery (the Holy Assumption Monastery) is an Orthodox monastery in Crimea. It is located in the Miriam-Dere (“Mariya’s ravine”) in the vicinity of Bakhchisaray. The monastery belongs to the Simferopol and Crimea Eparchy of Ukrainian Orthodox Church. Aside from the monastery complex, there is a soldier cemetery in the territory adjacent to the monastery.
Baydar Gate is a mountain pass through the main ridge of the Crimean Mountains connecting the Baydar Valley (the so called Crimean Switzerland) and the Southern coast of Crimea. The Gate is crowned with an antique portico. From the elevation of over 1600 ft. one can observe spectacular scenery of the surrounding landscapes.
Bolshaya Morskaya (Great Marine) Street is one of the central streets of Sevastopol, and is a section of central part of the city. Bolshaya Morskaya Street is located between Lazarev Square and Ushakov Square. The street appeared in 1786 soon after foundation of Sevastopol and it was named as Morskaya Street (Marine Street). At that time it was starting from modern Nakhimov Square.
Botanical Garden was founded on basis of “Salgirka” horticultural monumental park and represents a unified historical and natural complex, which includes estates of academician Peter Simon Pallas and prince Mikhail Vorontsov. Botanical Garden is a scientific and educational department of Taurida National University named after Vladimir Vernadsky.
Cembalo Fortress is one of the landmarks of Balaklava and is clearly visible from any point of Balaklava harbour. It is not difficult, even for the elderly people, to ascend up to its majestic ruins, as a comfortable road leads to the top of the hill.
Central Library named after Leo Tolstoy is one of the oldest libraries of Sevastopol and southern Ukraine. It was opened in January 1901 as public library. It was based on a collection of books donated by private individuals. Access to the Library was not free and admittance cost was the smallest – 1 ruble per year.
An outstanding grotto with a centennial history is called nowadays Chaliapin’s Grotto. The Grotto’s name is connected with a visit by the famous singer Feodor Chaliapin. He liked to stay on visits to his friend, a count, and could not but pay attention to the Grotto. It is told that Chaliapin performed concerts in the Grotto.
The Chelter-Marmara cave monastery is located at a mile’s distance from the town of Ternovka. Its premises are cut in the Chelter-Kaya rock The most famous sight of this monastery is a huge hall with 5 big columns supporting the stone vault. The eastern part of this grotto is a church in which the altar base with a relics niche is still visible.
Chersonesus Taurica is a polis founded by Greek colonists on Heraclea Peninsula on the south-western coast of Crimea. Today remains of ancient Chersonesus are located within Gagarin district of Sevastopol. For 2000 years Chersunesus Taurica had been a great political, economical, and cultural center of the Northern Black Sea coasts.
Chufut-Kale is a medieval fortress settlement in Bakhchisaray district. In the Crimean Tatar language “Chufut-Kale” means “Jewish Fortress“. Chufut-Kale had other names too, including Kyrk-Yer, Kyrk-Or, and Gehver-Kermen. It emerged in the 5th-6th centuries as a fortified settlement in the borderline of the Byzantine territory.
The church of St. Elijah the Prophet is an operating Orthodox church designed by A.L. Genrikh (Eupatoria city architect) after a Byzantine model. It was sanctified in 1918. The building of this church is a monument of architecture protected by the state. It is located in the city quay and is always shown in the popular guided tour «Minor Jerusalem».
The Church of St. John the Baptist in Kerch – is outstanding monument of Byzantine architecture. It’s classified as cross-in-square domed temple of Eastern Orthodox architecture. The most similar analogs can be seen in Asian areas of Byzantine Empire and in its capital Constantinople.
There is an interesting religious structure in Eupatoria. It used to be the monastery for wandering Muslim ascetics, or dervish tekke. Here the dervishes danced their ritual dances, rising above the secular thoughts and becoming closer to God. The monument includes three structures built at different times: the coffee shop of 19th century, Shukurla-Efendi mosque and the tekke building.
Almost 4 miles from Sevastopol, on top of Sapun Ridge, near the glorious Obelisk of glory, there is a strict semi-circular building. Diorama “Storming of Sapun Ridge on 7 May 1944” featured the life-size pictures of people on the front for the first time in art. .
Egiya-Kapay synagogue (Jewish prayer house) is also known as Remeslennaya (Craftsmen’s) synagogue, since it was the local craftsmen who donated the money to build it. It now belongs to the Progressive Judaism community of more than 100 believers. The synagogue is also open for tourists.
Lenin’s Embankment – is a central promenade street of Yalta, one of the oldest streets of this city. The embankment is framed with palm-trees and is filled with continuous rows of attractions, bars, cafes, and restaurants. Different architectural styles are merged in the Embankment, it is plated with polychrome red granite and light-grey porphyry.
Eski-Kermen is a medieval fortress town in the southwest of Crimean peninsula, 9 miles to the south of Bakhchisaray and 3 miles to the northwest of the ruins of Mangup-Kale. “Eski-Kermen” means “the old fortress” in the language of the Crimean Tatars. Among the cave settlements of Crimea it is second only to Chufut-Kale in the number of visitors.
There is an unusual eye-catching building in the Duvanovskaya str. It used to be the mansion of Yu.M. Gelelovich, a local tradesman; it was built in 1912 in the Mauritanian style. Now it houses the Museum of local history that collects various items related to development of Eupatoria, military operations in its vicinity and objects found in the excavation sites.
Park of Foros with its famous Paradise area is one of the main attractions and treasures of Foros town. Six very beautiful artificial lakes located at various levels are all framed with centennial cypresses, yew-trees, cedars, and Judas-trees.
The Northern Side of Sevastopol Bay is fortified with two coastal batteries – Fort Michael and Fort Constantine. During the two sieges of Sevastopol these batteries defended the city. Since 2010 Fort Michael has been an edifice of Sevastopol Military and Naval Museum.
Funa is a medieval fortress located on a rocky hill at foot of Mount Demerdzhi in Crimea. The name of the fortress can be translated from Greek as “smoky”. In past Mount Demerdzhi had been also called “Funa”. Archeological and architectural landmark “Funa Fortification” is located 1.24 mile away from village of Luchistoye near western foot of Mount Southern Demerdzhi.
Genoese fortress in Feodosiya is a medieval defensive structures built by the Republic of Genoa in the 14th century AD. The fortress was designed to protect town of Kaffa (sometimes spelled as Caffa), the biggest Genoese colony in Crimea. The landmark is located on shores of the Feodosiya Gulf, in southern part of the city. Remnants of the Genoese Fortress are a historical and architectural reserve.
Genoese Fortress is a monument of medieval architecture of world-wide importance. This is the only fully surviving Genoese fortress in Crimea. The fortress was built by the Genoese from 1371 to 1489. It is located on an ancient coral reef, which represents a conical mount located near Sudak Bay in the Black Sea.
«Odun-bazar Kapusy» (Wood Market Gate) used to be the main gate of the medieval fortress of Gezlev. This gate was built in the end of the 15th century and remained in its place for over four hundred years, surviving the sieges by Zaporizhzhya Cossacks and wars between Russia and Turkey. It hosts the café-museum of Crimean Tatar cuisine bearing the same name.
Above Yalta, beyond the South-Coastal Highway, there is “Glade of Fairy-Tales”, located in a forest-grown ravine. It is a museum of sculpture and flora studies, as well as of national decoration art. There is an open-air exhibition of more than 300 sculptures belonging to various fairy-tale characters and made of wood, decorative stone, acrylic glass, copper, aluminum, moss, and other materials.
The Gorky quay in the resort city of Eupatoria is a very beautiful place that attracts both tourists and residents of Eupatoria. Here you will find refined antique architecture, modern entertainment, and wonderful view over the sea. Three rotundas are the symbol of the quay.
Grafskaya Quay is the main ceremonial wharf of Sevastopol, a peculiar emblem of the city, a landmark. It’s located in central part of the city on shores of the Southern Bay. Grafskaya Bay forms the naval façade of Sevastopol and represents one of the most important architectural dominants of its central part.
Historical Boulevard is located in central part of Sevastopol overlooking the South Bay 263 ft. above the main sea level. National Memorial Complex is located on Historical Boulevard, which unites more than 15 monuments and memorial signs of the Defense of Sevastopol in 1854-1855, including the renowned Panorama.
In 1898 doctors recommended that Anton Chekhov should permanently live in Yalta together with his mother and sister Maria. One year later he had a house built in a village of Verkhnyaya Ashutka on Yalta’s outskirts. Teachers and doctors came to visit him and asked advice, and ill people asked for help. His ‘White dacha’ was visited by numerous outstanding writers and other masters of art.
House-Museum of Maximilian Voloshin is probably the only one museum in the world which survived through wars and preserved mystery and charm of the Silver Age of Russian poetry in atmosphere of life and creative work of its owner. Inside it, like pearls hidden in a shell, there are numerous relics which all remember history.
It is an unforgettable pleasure to have a slow walk along old streets of Gurzuf, observing old houses built long before the Russian Revolution of 1917. Sometimes one can lost one’s way in these intricate streets. The townlet of Gurzuf occupies relatively small area – one can go around all its streets within two hours. The most aged seaside part of Gurzuf managed to preserve its Middle Age atmosphere.
One of the oldest Orthodox monasteries in Ukraine can be clearly observed while going by train to Sevastopol. First Christians who settled there found shelter in caves made inside a cliff. Here one can observe Church of St. Clement which is also carved out in rock. From monastery one can get to remnants of Byzantine Kalamita Fortress.
Juma-Jami (Cuma Cami) or Khan-Jami mosque in Eupatoria is a Friday mosque for communal prayers. It is located close to the Karayev park, towering above the neighboring buildings. It can be seen from far in the sea or in the city. The Friday mosque in Gezlev was designed by a famous Ottoman architect Khoja Sinan.
The Kachi-Kalyon rock is one of the spurs of the inner ridge of the Crimean mountains, five miles to the south of Bakhchisaray. While there is no reliable information about the origin of its name, it is commonly believed to mean “cross ship”. People with vivid imagination can see something like a huge cross formed by natural cracks on the surface of the rock.
Kalamita Fortress is one of the most interesting monuments of the Crimean Middle Age. It is located on the eastern bank of River Chernaya in south-western part of Monastyrskaya Skala (“Monastery Cliff”). High above the road, on the plateau of Monastery Cliff there are visible remains of fortifications, and in the lower part of the cliff there is an Orthodox cave monastery.
The complex «Karaite kenesas» was built by the Karaites of Crimea, one of the smallest nations in the world. It includes two sacred buildings (the bigger kenesa for communal prayers and the smaller one), a school, a museum, some memorials etc. There is also «Karaman», a café of Karaite national cuisine.
Embankment of Kerch can’t boast lush vegetation as in the South Coast of Crimea, but it has its own charm. It was reconstructed before the 2600th anniversary of Kerch, now it is one of the most beautiful streets of the city.
Kerch Fortress (or “Fort Totleben”, named so after its creator Eduard Totleben) is the only one completely surviving fortress in Ukraine. Kerch Fortress is considered to be a classic pattern of military engineering. Totleben created his piece of fortification art in the 19th century.
Traveling to one of the oldest museums in the territory of Ukraine will give you knowledge of Kerch ancient and medieval history. Kerch Historical and Archeological Museum is one of the best places worth visiting while traveling to Kerch. It was officially unveiled on 15 June 1826
Laspi Mountain Pass is a mountain pass in the Crimean Mountains and the highest elevation point on highway Sevastopol-Yalta. The pass is located 765 yards to the north of Laspi Bay. A massive robust cliff named after locating engineer Nikolai Garin-Mikhailovsky is located on the pass where an observation platform is built, from where a wonderful sights of Batiliman and Laspi Bays and Cape Aya are unveiled.
Ukrainian woman-poet Lesya Ukrainka was ill with bone tuberculosis from her childhood. The disease made her live in the south, including Crimea. During her first visit in Yalta she stayed in hotel “Mariino”, and then moved to a house on 8, Ekaterininskaya St., where now we can observe an exhibition telling about her life and creative work in Crimea.
Lutheran Kirche in Sudak is a monument of German culture and architecture on lands of Crimea. The Church was built in 1887 for German colonists, who had settled in Crimea according to invitation by Catherine II. Geographically the Church is located in village of Uyutnoye. But as this village is today almost merged with town of Sudak, Lutheran Kirche can be surely placed among landmarks of Sudak.
Maksimov’s Dacha is located in Khomutova Gully and represents an estate complex with a landscape park created in late 19th – early 20th cc. by architect Valentin Feldmann. This unique park-museum is a preserve – a complex natural, archeological, historical and landscape park landmark.
Mangup-Kale is a medieval fortress city in Bakhchisaray district. Originally the capital of the Theodoro Principality (a Christian state), it later became a Turkish fortress. Mangup is located on top of a residual mountain, up to 984 ft. higher than the valleys around it. Its plateau has an area over 220 acres. There are numerous springs in the territory of the fortress.
On Nakhimov Square, there is Memorial of Heroic Defense of Sevastopol in 1941-1942. A memorial wall was constructed on Nakhimov Square in 1964, bearing 19 memorial plates with engraved names of Separate Coastal Army and the Black Sea Fleet troop units which had taken part in the defense.
Monument to Alexander Kazarsky is the first monument erected in Sevastopol. It represents a bronze trireme with inscription on its pedestal “To Kazarsky. As example for posterity”. Lieutenant-captain Kazarsky was commander of brig “Mercury”, which became the second ship after line-of-battle ship “Azov”, which was awarded Naval St. George Flag and pendant.
City of Kerch is tightly connected with ancient Bosporan Kingdom. And there is no wonder that the central part of the city features a monument to the Bosporan King Mithridates. The monument was erected relatively not long ago – in 2006.
This unusual monument appeared in the Theatre square in 2005. S.E. Duvan was the most famous mayor of Eupatoria. In the years of his being the head of the Eupatoria he turned a remote provincial town to an international resort called «Russian Nice».
131 ft. high monument “Soldier and Sailor” represents a sculptural composition in honor of those who fought in the Great Patriotic War. It is one of the biggest monuments on the area of the former USSR. Sculptural composition “Soldier and Sailor” was to be a part of a extended memorial complex, which will doubtfully ever appear.
Monument-Fountain "To the Kind Genius" was unveiled in the central park in Feodosia in 2004. The fountain was constructed to celebrate the day of the town in memory of outstanding Russian painter, seascape painter Ivan Aivazovsky, who contributed a lot for his native city.
Old sailing ship in central part of Feodosiya keeps mysteries of outstanding writer – exhibition of the museum is dedicated to life and creative work of Alexander Grin. Museum of Alexander Grin is located in Feodosiya in a house with a quite unusual interior and outer appearance.
Village of Eltigen became famous all over the Soviet Union in November 1943. Valour of Soviet soldiers in Eltigen gave an initial push to commencement of the Crimean Liberation offensive, and the majestic expression “Burning Land” became a symbol of unparallel valour and glory.
This museum was commenced as Museum of Sevastopol Defense and was created under initiative of those who participated in the Defense of Sevastopol of 1854-1855. they donated many personal belongings, photographs, documents, memoirs of defense participants, collections of firearms and cold arms, engravings by famous artists.
Nakhimov Square is one of the central squares of Sevastopol and part of central circular part of the city (the so called “central ring”). It is located in Lenin district of Sevastopol. Primorsky and Sailors Boulevards, Nakhimov Avenue and Lenin Street start from Nakhimov Square. The square of Sevastopol which was renamed the greatest number of times is Nakhimov Square in Sevastopol.
History of Sevastopol is a reflection of its port’s history. In 1802, Sevastopol was included into Taurida Governorate, and later was declared the main military Black Sea port of the Russian Empire. The city itself, initially designed as military settlement near naval fortress, developed and grew exclusively thanks to its port.
Nikitsky Botanical Garden is a complex scientific and research establishment. It is the most famous and popular park of the Crimean Southern Coast. The Garden combines nature, history, art, and science. Its collection possesses some 30 thousands plants from all over the world. The Garden is located at the Southern coast of Crimea between Nikita village and the Black Sea.
"Paradise" Park is located on the territory of the sanatorium "Aivazovskoye" in Partenit. Sanatorium and the Park are stretched on the shore of Kucuk-Lambad Bay. This magnificent Park is sometimes called “The Heavenly Place". Previously, there was the village, bearing the name of the great artist – Ivan Aivazovsky.
Park of Alupka (otherwise called Vorontsovsky Park) is a marvelous park which constitutes a single ensemble with the Vorontsov Palace. Park of Alupka is located in townlet of Alupka, which is a part of the Greater Yalta.
In September 2005, a museum of Konstantin Paustovsky, the master of lyric prose, was unveiled in Stariy Krym. The Museum is part of “Voloshin’s Cimmeria” ecological, historical and cultural reserve and it is the first museum dedicated to Paustovsky in Crimea, where original belongings of the writer from those three houses in Stariy Krym he had stayed in are exhibited.
Pokrov Cathedral is the main Orthodox temple of Sevastopol. It is located in Bolshaya Morskaya (“Greater Marine”) Street and surely draws everyone’s attention by its marvelous architecture and its domes glittering in sun. Today Pokrov Cathedral is one of the most beautiful landmarks of Crimea.
The Church of Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Presentation Church) – is the oldest known architectural monument of Feodosia. Historians believe that the Greek church dates back to the 7th -9th centuries CE. Today Presentation Church is an active Orthodox temple, and if judged only by appearance, it is difficult to believe that the church is more than a thousand years old.
Primorsky (Seaside) Park is a favorite place for citizens of Yalta. Instead of neglected lands which were here before the war, citizens of Yalta created here a vast park with numerous decorative trees and bushes. Along the alleys there are flowers and among them one can see wonderful roses of Yalta.
Primorsky (Seaside) Boulevard is located in central part of the city on shores of Sevastopol Bay. Refined ensemble of Primorsky Boulevard was formed historically and consists of interconnected and compositionally united parts, which were planned and renovated during different periods.
Roman-Catholic Church in Yalta is built using compositional and plastic techniques of Western-European medieval architecture. Located on a bank of river Uchan-Su in Yalta, the Church represents an oblong edifice.
Its masonry and profile carving are of the supreme quality.
Sapun Ridge (also known as Mount Sapoune or Sapun Hill) was a key defense position in outskirts of Sevastopol during the Great Patriotic War. Severe battles were fought there against German Nazi occupants during the valorous Defense of Sevastopol in 1941-1942 and the Crimean offensive of 1944. The name Sapun can be translated as “Soapy” Mount.
Scythian Neapolis is an ancient city, one of the Scythian fortresses in Crimea, capital of later Scythian Kingdom (3rd c. BC – 3rd c. AD). The fortress was founded on bank of river Salhir more than 2000 years ago.
Sevastopol Art Museum was originally created as Sevastopol Art Gallery basing on part of collections belonging to Yalta Art Museum, museums of Moscow and St. Petersburg. Annually the Museum puts on display about 15 exhibitions, admits 100-150 thousand visitors, and conducts more than 1000 guided tours and lectures.
One of the most beautiful buildings of Sevastopol was built in 1956 under design of Soviet architect Valentin Pelevin. The Theater has a very wide repertoire. It makes successful staging of both classic and modern or avant-garde plays. In Sevastopol the Theater organizes its performances not only on its big stage, but also on an antique stage of an ancient Greek theater in Chersonesus.
Sinop Staircase is the most lengthy and conspicuous stair descent of Sevastopol. It was named so in honor of Sinop Battle, when a Black Sea Fleet squadron under command of vice-admiral Pavel Nakhimov defeated a Turkish squadron in Bay of Sinop. This staircase never existed before 1917. Instead, Sinop Street was located on a slope of the Central Hill.
St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is the main Orthodox cathedral of Yalta, one of the cities main landmarks. The Cathedral was built in late 19th century in honor of Russian Emperor Alexander II assassinated by members of Narodnaya Volya (‘The People’s Will’) organisation.
St. George Monastery is a unique place of Cape Fiolent. According to a legend, it was founded in 981 A.D. by Greek sailors. Caught by a storm, these sailors were in a terrible shipwreck, and on seeing an inevitable death started to call Saint Great Martyr George for help. The Saint, after hearing their hearty cry, appeared on a big cliff near the shore and at once calmed the storm down.
The Cathedral bearing the name of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Eupatoria was founded in the end of 19th century. In Crimea it is second only to the Vladimir Cathedral in Chersonesos by its size, area and height. It is an important part of architecture of Eupatoria and is always shown in the popular guided tour «Minor Jerusalem»
Temple of St, Nicholas (Nikolaos of Myra or Nikolaos the Wonderworker) – is a unique pyramid-shaped temple, located on a high hillock in the middle of the Brotherhood Cemetery. It is the monument to heroic defenders of Sevastopol. In 2011 the Temple celebrates its 154th anniversary.